It’s no secret – I’m a massive tea drinker. Gasp! A British girl who likes tea? Well I never… Yes, we’re a tea guzzling nation like no other, and I’m just another tea junkie. But in recent years I’ve grown out of my bog standard English Breakfast addiction, after discovering a huge variety of different blends. Who knew there was a whole big, exciting world out there filled with tea?! Fragrant, floral, spiced, iced, fruity, minty – I’ve tried them all.
I’ve become well travelled in this tea world, and toured the diverse landscape of earl grey, green, chai, herbal and fruit blends. I’ve brewed hundreds of tea bags, loose leaf blends and matcha lattes. Each one of them delicious in their own right. Some of my favourite shops and brands to try are teapigs, Whittard and Kandula.
But no matter what the blend, I’m always on the look out for the perfect cuppa accompaniment. Enter – Apple Spiced Tea Cookies! Are you ready for a tea-cookie sensation? With just the right amount of sweetness from dates, nuttiness from coconut and spice from cinnamon, they partner with loads of different blends.
Not only that, but these Spiced Apple Tea Cookies are so super healthy – you might even be tempted to have one with your morning brew. While these cookies will go with most tea blends, I’ve included some suggestions in the recipe notes that may rock your world. Yes… your metaphorical world of tea.
- 100g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 8 large dates, pitted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°c. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until a thick paste forms.
- Form into 6 round, flat cookies and place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until just turning golden. The cookies will still be a little soft once out of the oven, so let them cool completely before moving and serving.
These cookies will work alongside most tea blends, but try with Earl Grey or Vanilla Chai for a perfect pairing.